Friday 8 February 2008

Listen Up!

Reporting from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_west/7214066.stm


"A boy who has been partially deaf for nine years was suddenly cured - when a cotton wool bud popped out of his ear. Jerome Bartens was diagnosed as deaf in his right ear when he was just two and has struggled at school ever since. But Jerome, now 11, was suddenly able to hear clearly again as he played with friends in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire. He said he heard a popping sound, then found the tip of a cotton wool bud in his ear. His family believe Jerome must have put the bud in his ear as a toddler and the centimetre-long cotton tip came off the plastic stem. Jerome's father Carsten, 45, said: "It was just incredible - his hearing returned to normal in an instant."

Just how incompetent did the various doctors he saw over this 9 (in words : NINE) year period have to be?
His GP claimes it was "just wax". The ENT docs make more money investigating(HAH!) deafness than merely
removing a piece of cotton wool, I'll bet!

Poor kid. Doesn't such incompetence make you want to puke!

5 comments:

BBC said...

Cynnie.... I live in a small old one room house that was built way back during the depression. I gutted it out and completely redid it with new wiring, insulation, vapor barrier and wallboard.

There was later other rooms added to each side of it. One side I use to store all my tools and equipment. The other side is waiting for me to gut out and redo it, then I'll have twice the room.

That will make my total living space about 12 X 30, but that is enough for one person.

I own the property free and clear and have storage units on it to keep all my crap in, and I have a lot of crap. LOL

BBC said...

Oh, I also installed a foam cell ceiling, instant insulation. It's warm and comfy and cheap to heat.

me said...

ah the wonder that is the NHS.
Best in the world!

katy said...

oops and here is me just going in to have surgery on me ear, do you think i can trust them!!!

d34FpUpPy said...

i better check in my ears